Who will you trust with a
The JeffCo Sheriff's Office:
- 820 employees,
- 300+ volunteers,
- a $90+ million budget,
- $1+ billion in physical assets and,
- 1300 prisoners in the county jail.
Only one candidate:
- Is currently (even recently) in law enforcement.
- Is a state-certified peace officer.
- Has a track record of proven leadership and effectiveness.
- Has command, administrative, managerial and executive experience and training.
This General Election, Vote for Proven Leadership.
Vote Jeff Shrader for JeffCo Sheriff.
Sheriff's Oath of Office
I do solemnly swear by the everliving God, that I will support the Constitution of the United States and of the State of Colorado, and faithfully perform the duties of the office of Jefferson County Sheriff.
My position regarding our rights under the Second Amendment
I believe in, and support, the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of the State of Colorado
The oath that I have taken, and will take as Sheriff, reflects my strongly held personal values, the requirements of the law, and the expectations of our community, specifically, to support and defend both the federal and state constitutions.
I unequivocally support the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.
I am a proud gun owner and I believe every person has a right to self-defense.
I will staunchly defend a citizen's rights under the Second Amendment.
In order to defend our Second Amendment rights, I will enforce the laws against those who abuse those rights.
The enforcement authority of any sheriff extends only to the laws and statutes of the State of Colorado. A sheriff has no authority to enforce any federal law or presidential order.
Any legislation that is passed and signed into law is ultimately subject to having its constitutionality determined by a proper court. I believe that elements of recently passed legislation are vague and unenforceable, and their constitutionality questionable.
I support the efforts of Colorado's sheriffs and other defenders of the Second Amendment to seek a judicial decision regarding the constitutionality of gun legislation passed during the 2013 session of the General Assembly.
Announcement of Candidacy
I am excited to announce my candidacy for the office Jefferson County Sheriff. As a long-time Jefferson County resident it is an honor to dedicate my professional career to the safety and security of the poeple of Jefferson County.
As your sheriff, I am committed to:
- keeping our residents and visitors safe
- keeping our schools safe for our children
- protecting individual freedoms
- protecting our businesses and those who work in them
- ensuring the Sheriff's Office is effective in its mission and efficient with its resources, and
- keeping a place in our jail for those who would harm our citizens