Who will you trust to safeguard your personal freedoms
and a $100 million organization?
- I'm proud of what we have accomplished at the JCSO during my tenure as sheriff. Quite frankly, I’m not done yet.
- I’m running for re-election in 2018 and I respectfully ask for your support.
- Since being elected sheriff, I have:
- Developed clearly stated mission, values and vision statements to unite members of the JCSO in purpose with a symbol of pride and strength.
- Instituted a Leadership Development Series to ensure clarity and consistency of mission and promote the proper role of government and public safety in our communities.
- Maintained excellence of service by improving employee retention through competitive deputy sheriff compensation.
- Instituted the county-wide Safety in Faith Summit to enhance safety and security in our houses of worship.
- Reduced concealed handgun permit fees to amongst the lowest in the state and the time it takes to issue them.
- Worked with other public safety officials to improve county-wide safety and reduce taxpayer burden through establishing JeffCom – the regional 911 dispatching center.
- Elevated safety in the county jail by developing career-tracked opportunities for employees in the detention function and hiring a professional detention administrator.
- Protected our children by establishing the CHEEZO child predator enforcement team as part of the JCSO when its existence was threatened.
- Four years-ago I told JeffCo voters that I was committed to keeping our residents and visitors safe, keeping our schools safe for our children and protecting our individual freedoms. My passion for these notions has not changed.
- I began my 33-year career with the JCSO as a deputy assigned to the county jail. Prior to being elected sheriff in 2014, I oversaw operations as chief of each of the four major divisions of the Sheriff’s Office. I am a graduate of the FBI National Academy and the National Executive Institute, an executive development program for the largest law enforcement agencies in the country.
- I have effectively led the 842 men and women of the JCSO as well as the nearly 300 volunteers who provide valuable support to our mission. I’ve also been effective in administering the organizations $100 million budget.
- I have dedicated my professional career to keeping Jefferson County a safe place for all people to live, learn, work and play. I now I need your support and assistance to continue this important work. Your financial support can be sent on-line right here.
- I will be honored to have your support!
- Sheriff Jeff Shrader
Vote for Proven Leadership. Vote Jeff Shrader for JeffCo Sheriff.
Sheriff's Oath of Office
I do solemnly swear by the everliving God, that I will support the Constitution of the United States and of the State of Colorado, and faithfully perform the duties of the office of Jefferson County Sheriff.
My position regarding our rights under the Second Amendment
I believe in, and support, the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of the State of Colorado
The oath that I have taken, and will take as Sheriff, reflects my strongly held personal values, the requirements of the law, and the expectations of our community, specifically, to support and defend both the federal and state constitutions.
I unequivocally support the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America.
I am a proud gun owner and I believe every person has a right to self-defense.
I will staunchly defend a citizen's rights under the Second Amendment.
In order to defend our Second Amendment rights, I will enforce the laws against those who abuse those rights.
The enforcement authority of any sheriff extends only to the laws and statutes of the State of Colorado. A sheriff has no authority to enforce any federal law or presidential order.
Any legislation that is passed and signed into law is ultimately subject to having its constitutionality determined by a proper court. I believe that elements of recently passed legislation are vague and unenforceable, and their constitutionality questionable.
I support the efforts of Colorado's sheriffs and other defenders of the Second Amendment to seek a judicial decision regarding the constitutionality of gun legislation passed during the 2013 session of the General Assembly.
Stay Tuned for More...